The impact of ChatGPT
As an AI language model, ChatGPT has had a significant impact on various industries and fields since its introduction in 2018. Here are some of the ways ChatGPT has influenced our world:
- Improved communication: ChatGPT has been instrumental in improving communication between businesses and customers. With its ability to generate human-like responses, it has helped companies to handle customer queries and complaints more efficiently, resulting in better customer satisfaction.
- Personalized experiences: ChatGPT has enabled businesses to provide personalized experiences to their customers. With its ability to understand natural language, it can respond to customer queries based on their preferences, history, and behavior.
- Enhanced education: ChatGPT has been used to create educational tools that help students to learn more effectively. It can answer questions, provide explanations, and generate personalized study materials for students, making it a valuable tool for educators.
- Improved healthcare: ChatGPT has been used to develop healthcare chatbots that can assist patients in their healthcare journey. It can provide health-related information, schedule appointments, and answer queries, making healthcare more accessible to people worldwide.
Err. OK…I’m going to cut in here for a moment and for the rest of this post give you my own HUMAN CREATED views on the impact of ChatGPT!
I few moments ago I used ChatGPT to generate the above snippet on the impact of ChatGPT.
I then read it carefully when it was done… sorry no.. full disclosure.. I casually glanced over it as it was being generated in real time! I agreed with most of the points I saw and decided it was good enough. Yes… I know, not great, right?
Realizing the error of my ways I then set out to go through it very carefully to see if the opinions make sense, and well, they do. The data is verifiable and basically spot on and as an added bonus I also learned something new I did not know before!
However, this brings up an important dilemma – how will we as internet users be able to know if the info we are getting from someone’s blog is generic AI generated or the communications of an actual real person with a unique experience in a specialized field?
Yeah, not so easy.
Will we now need for websites to prove to the USER that THEY are not a robot?!
Possibly we will soon see this exact implementation in the very near future.
More to the point, in the above generated snippet there was nothing for me to edit or add.
Unfortunately this was not the case for the previous article in my blog https://dudsweb.co.za/2023/02/13/what-are-unsafe-wordpress-plugins/ About 98% of that entire article on unsafe Wp plugins, was generated by ChatGPT and… it was 98% spot on! Fancy that.
The remaining 2% is a but..and it is a BIG one! I had experienced an anomaly so to speak within the WordPress Plugin Repository which anyone with a WordPress site needed to know about and this very vital info was completely absent from the AI generated article. So I edited the article before posting and I added the all important data marking it NB!!
The problem of adding true value to your subscribers and potential clients comes up and it’s a difficult one to address. My own strategy which I have decided on is as follows:
1. Use ChatGPT responsibly by actually reading any content it generates before posting it to your site.
2. Write what you know: Generate only articles which you have extensive personal experience in and then be a diligent editor.
3. Add ACTUAL value by not simply ‘spamming’ your site or newsletter with endless AI generated articles.
4. Copywriters are best: Most importantly, remember that nothing will ever replace a talented and experienced Copywriter who has that ‘magic touch’. This is not hyperbole, bad copy can literally break your online business by failing to build customer confidence.
We enter into an era of which my little Gen-X imagination only dreamed back in the day and quite frankly, mostly scoffed at. Like it or not we are tasked now with increased ethical awareness. As each technological advance makes our tasks increasingly easier, let us not lose sight of our level of service to each other and the amount of value we must strive to continue to add.